Solved

SB6190 - Dropping connection

• 22 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

My SB6190 stopped working 7-18-23, after only 7 months.  I called ARRIS support, they said the modem was in warranty. We troubleshooted the modem for about 30-40 minutes. I didn't have a hard wire to connect my computer to so the ARRIS rep said he would call back at 7pm on Wednesday. In the meantime I troubleshooted the modem again with Spectrum. Spectrum could tell that there was noise that was coming into the Modem causing it to drop, however outbound transmission was clear. I did hardwire on Wednesday while waiting for the ARRIS rep. Same outcome, it would connect, then drop. When I didn’t hear from the rep, I went to Spectrum to get a modem as it was critical I had connection as I work from home. Today (7-22-2023) I called Arris again. The rep wanted to walkthrough the entire troubleshooting process AGAIN. I said I was not disconnecting my hardware because I already wasted 2 hrs between them and Spectrum. I asked for a refund and she stated their policy is that they don't provide refunds. I cant get a refund from Best Buy because it is outside the return period.  This is absolutely dissatisfying and a consumer ripoff. I will never again buy this brand.    

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 29 July 2023, 19:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hi SKATER4866,

We sincerely apologize for the bad experience you had gone through, we can help you with warranty claims, you may reach out to our live support at arris.com/consumersupport.

Let us know if this helps. 

Badge

Hello

I reached out to the live support . Spend 30 min explaining that I work from home and needed a modem , so I went to Spectrum TV and purchased one. She stated that arris does not give refunds. Which again this modem is 7 months old. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hi SKATER4866,

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. As per Arris policy, If the modem is over a month old and was not purchased from arris.com, refunds will not be provided, but in the case of a warranty claim, we will gladly provide a replacement.