Question

SB6190 Signal Upload Levels on RFoG Fiber to House

• 14 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

With 21 days active up time, I have approx 300 correctables and 21000 uncorrectables per channel on downstream side.  Is this what is to be expected with an RFoG fiber type setup or are these happening specifically from my modem to the RFoG adapter on back of house?

Also my upload power levels are between 35 and 36.5.  Channels 1 and 2 are channel ID 75 and 76 respectively using 2560 KSym/s.  Channels 3 and 4 are using channel ID 74 and 73 respectively using 5120 KSym/s.  I read that power upload should be closer to 51 and not the approx 35 I have.

This is the setup:

cablemodem  and after that is the injector sending power to the RFoG coax/fiber device on side of house using the coax line. The coax line is direct run with no splitters and all connections are factory spliced provided connections and good splice connections done by provider.  The RFoG device is grounded outside and outlet grounded inside.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Badge

I have never had any issues with the connection. It does not drop out that I have ever witnessed and I play on the PS5 to multiplayer games and it never has issues like dropping connections.

Can anybody explain the high uncorrectables?  Is that typical of an RFoG setup or is the uncorrectables specifically happening between the cablemodem and RFoG device?

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Arris modems will work only with co-axial cable for internet access. If the power level for the upstream bonded channels not in a range, then you have to contact your internet service provider to adjust it within a range.

Also, I suggest you contact your internet service provider to know the high uncorrectable details.