Solved

unable to login to modem interface sb6190

• 3 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

I’ve been locked out of my SB6190 DOCSIS 3.0 modem after multiple log-in attempts. Never assigned password initially, now I am asked for user and password on sign in.

how can I get back in?

what is the latest firmware version for this modem?

icon

Best answer by LoveMyLab 4 September 2023, 20:20

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +18

The best approach is to do a simple factory reset. Then, start over. Firmware is controlled by your ISP.

Badge

Thanks for the response. If I do a factory reset, will I need to call my ISP to reconfigure / register the modem as I did when the modem was first installed?

Userlevel 2
Badge +18

Not normally.  They typically need the Mac address and serial number to set you up,  but after that you are fine. A factory reset is the only way to clear the event log on an SB8200, so I have used that approach on occasion. 

Badge

I am stumped. After three factory resets. I still cannot get in to the modem. In each instance, I did press the reset button for at least 15 seconds. 

I am using the default password “admin” for both username and password and I am still denied access. 

I still get the same message which denies me access: incorrect password or access denied due to multiple failed attempts.

Userlevel 2
Badge +18

I believe that model uses “admin” and “password”. The SB8200 uses “admin” and last eight of Serial number.

Badge

LoveMyLab—-

Thank you VERY much! Problem solved—- finally! I tried  “admin” and then “password” and voila—— I got in.

you would think that Arris would make that combination clear in the user guide.

I am so glad that we connected via this forum. Can’t thank you enough.

Lost my security code.  Unable to connect to the internet.  How can I reset the code?