Question

Sb8200 1gbps connected at a link speed of 100mbps hardwired

• 22 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

had a zfinity technician rule out the splitter, coax cable, and ethernet cable a possible cause, down to being the modem itself causing the problem. what could be the reason for this failure. also i am hard wired to it (no router in between). could it be a hardware failure on the inside of the pcb board? if so which component that i may de sauder and re sauder.

5 replies

Oldest first

log into the computer you have connected and see if your actually connected at a gigabit rate. I’ve seen sketchy cables, ports, pc’s that only connect at 10/100mbps and limit speeds. 

Current setup: Arris G54-->Netgear RBE973S-->2.5gig tp-link switch, Xfinity 1.4gig/200mbps

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

S

i tried a few different ethernet cables all give the same results including tried it with wifi as well as one of the efforts

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

When you check the pc that is direct connected, is it connecting at gigabit speeds? Thats what we need to know. If its only connecting at 10/100mpbs then its pointless to troubleshoot xfinity’s line. But if its connecting at gigabit, its a different story

Current setup: Arris G54-->Netgear RBE973S-->2.5gig tp-link switch, Xfinity 1.4gig/200mbps

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

S

By check do you mean , check the download speeds on a site like speedtest.net? or is there another way to check

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

If you’re on windows its usually under your windows network settings for the hardwired device. 

settings-->network & ethernet-->Ethernet--->scroll down to link speed

currently checked in the settings only getting 100mbps connected why is that

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Badge +1

settings-->network & ethernet-->Ethernet--->scroll down to link speed

currently checked in the settings only getting 100mbps connected why is that? this is with a hardwired ethernet connection straight to the modem and it is a cat 7 ethernet cable. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Lets stick to the other post since you have a duplicate. 

Badge +1

it wont let me reply to that one