Question

SBG6950AC2 Bridge Mode?

• 4 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’m replacing an old Arris Modem, specifically SB6190 with a SBG6950AC2, and the old modem was connected to a router made by Araknis. When I set up the new Modem, I was able to get wireless internet through two new SSID’s coming from the new modem. However, our old SSID is still available to connect to without internet access. Most importantly, I have multiple range extenders, and access points connected to the old router via Ethernet that are not giving out internet access anymore since the modem has been replaced. I attempted to switch the new modem into Bridge (NAT Mode) however that made it impossible to connect to the new SSIDs and the old SSID. I am trying to get the internet coming from the new modem to be broadcasted on the access points/extenders throughout my house. There are also multiple hardwired (ethernet) connected devices throughout my home that are connected to the router and haven’t had internet access since the modem replacement.  

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Badge

I should mention that the new modem is connected to the router via ethernet, it is plugged into everything the old modem was plugged into besides a new power cord. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

My biggest question is why did you downgrade? The SB6190 is a 32x8 modem. The SBG6950 is only a 16x4. 

If you’re planning on putting the SBG6950 in bridge (modem only) mode, you’d have been better to stick with the sb6190.