Solved

surfboard not accepting password.

• 5 December 2023
  • 1 reply

I have the surfboard SBG6950AC2. The password I set will let most of my devices log in.  The thermostat will not accept the password.  When I typed in the modem url to log into the router it will not accept the password and is saying I’m locked out   I don’t know what to do now to log into the surfboard and change the password so I can use the surfboard for all my devices. 

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 12 December 2023, 00:54

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

If you are using the surfboard central app then to access modem interface you need to login through the SBC app from you will be getting password to login and if you are unable to access surfboard central app then you need to reset modem then uninstall app and after modem reboots you need to connect device to the modem WIFI network then install the application then setup modem. But after resetting the modem will go to default setup any custom settings will be removed so use the default network name and password to connect to your network.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SURFboard-Central-Wi-Fi-Cable-Modem-Setup