Solved

Can I run an ethernet line from my SBG7400AC2 to a wireless router extender?

• 27 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have my modem (SBG7400AC2) hooked up with an ethernet line/cord right beside my main computer. Works fine.

I wanted to  run a 2nd ethernet line to another room (approx. 75 feet away) to a wireless router extender to boost strength. When I try it, my main modem router shuts off when I hook up the Wireless router extender. Any help or advice?  My modem has 4 ethernet out puts. Do I have to reconfigure something in the wireless router extender to make this work? TIA

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 29 September 2023, 00:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Gary 07

If you are using separate router to the modem then you need to enable bridge mode on SBG7400AC2 that will disable the modem WIFI and it will work as just cable modem then you can internet from only one ethernet port on the modem and use that port to connect router that will give you proper internet connection without any interruption. Please follow the steps mentioned on the below article to enable bridge mode on the modem.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG7400AC2-Bridge-Mode-Setup

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

What router/extender are you connecting it to? Some need to be in access point mode if their hardwired in