Solved

how am i supposed to manage my SBG7400ac2 network when the Arris app doesnt work?

• 25 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I bought the Arris Surfboard SBG7400ac2, and it was great, but then the app stopped working completely. Now I can't log in and I can't manage any preferences or options for the router. How can I get in and manage preferences and options if the app doesn't work anymore? 

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 27 June 2023, 01:21

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Retrokid

SBG7400ac2 is compatible with surfboard central app so if the app stop working the only option is to reset modem, uninstall and re install app and start t0 setup again. You can also try using different email address on different device when re installing app that will help you to configure the modem settings and will the app to work normally using the modem Wi-Fi network.

Badge

C'mon now, you know that doesn't work. Look at the app rating. The app just plain doesn't work. Ive installed the app on multiple devices, but it's always the same. The app signs you in, then crashes. It's not the login, it's the app. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Retrokid, 

We understand that you are unable to access the app , have you tried following all the steps and is there any error appearing on the app?

If so let us know the error code ?

Badge

I restarted my modem by unplugging it for 30 seconds in order to soft reset it. There is absolutely no way I'm hard resetting it because as of right now, it provides internet, andy problem is I just can't run any maintenance. My fear is that if I hard reset and still can't get in, well then I don't have internet either. 

In terms of the app, there is no error message. I get to the sign-in screen, enter my info, and the app crashes. 

Badge

Hello Retrokid

SBG7400ac2 is compatible with surfboard central app so if the app stop working the only option is to reset modem, uninstall and re install app and start t0 setup again. You can also try using different email address on different device when re installing app that will help you to configure the modem settings and will the app to work normally using the modem Wi-Fi network.

Seriously, have you seen the app rating? I'm being serious, please check it out. People here keep telling me the app works, but it obviously doesn't. Please check the app rating. These people aren't writing this for fun.