Solved

How increase my comcast speed with SBG7400AC2

• 6 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I dc my comcast gateway modem and switched to SBG7400AC2 surfboard.

my previous download was 400 , upload 120

now download is 100 and upload is 10

I’m not an “IT” guy, but please send me advice.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by plemans 6 October 2023, 17:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

How are you testing the speeds? Make sure the device you’re testing on is a gigabit device. 

In regards to your upload, you’re not going to see 100mbps upload on it. Comcast only provisions their xfi devices to higher upload speeds. Its only lately they’ve been upgrading the higher end modems to faster uploads. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/wiki/knowledgebase/next-generation-internet/

I had a similar issue quite a while back. The Arris Tech has me go into the operation tab in the admin portal  (instead of the configuration tab which is default on log-in).  I went to the status tab and I had a number of the 24 downstream “channels” not working. In addition, the signal to noise ratio (SNR) was way off; everything was in the 10-16 dB range instead of the expected 34-38 dB range. The tech told me to contact Comcast and insist that a tier 3 ticket be crated to go back into their server and rebuild my account. I did some internet searches to become conversant on the issues. As the Arris tech predicted, the Comcast tier 2 tech was not happy … but after asking to speak to a supervisor, a ticket was created. Within 36 hours, the tier 3 tech had completed the rebuild of my account and my download speeds increased ten fold. I periodically go back in to my Arris device to check.