Solved

how to update firmware on SBG7400AC2

• 29 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Is there a way to update the firmware for  wifi and does anyone know the password of the day to view advance features? The password generator  produced a password but it did not work.  The wifi constantly buffers Spectrum changed out lines, and connectors but, there is still an issue with buffering Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 2 October 2023, 19:03

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello ajust222

The Cable Operators (MSOs) have complete control of what cable modem/gateway hardware they will allow installed and the firmware it uses, this is because they own the coaxial cable that is connected to the ARRIS SBG7400AC2, because of that the Firmware updates are pushed by them, and any update needed as well. Any associated firmware updates are automatically deployed by the cable operator. This is not an ARRIS only implementation, but the required implementation of any cable device manufacturer.

Gateway doesn't require password of the day because you can access modem advanced settings once you get into the interface. For WIFI connection issue you can try performing basic trouble shooting like restarting modem and also you can try changing WIFI channel on the modem interface please follow the steps mentioned on the below article.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG7400AC2-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel

Badge

I  appreciate your responses and I will keep you posted. Thank you as I recall I did change the channels .