Solved

Setup Wi-Fi modem through Surfboard manager app

• 14 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I just bought the SBG7400AC2.  The set up instructions say I need to download the Surfboard Manager app/program.  I can get the app from Apple Store or Google store.  I trust those.  I have a PC and want to download the windows version.  The only places I see that available are places I have never heard of.  I am cautious.  Do I really need this?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 17 August 2023, 01:10

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

To set up the modem, you have two options. Contact the internet service provider or self-activation through an ISP application.

As you confirmed the Surfboard Manager is already available from the Apple store, there is no necessity to download it on a PC.

Also,  PC won’t support downloading the application.

If you see any notification on the Surfboard Manager App guiding you to “update”  with Surfboard Central App kindly proceed with it .

Badge

Moderator,

Many thanks.  The problem is that I WANT to have the surfboard manager on my PC, not my phone.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Currently Surfboard manager app is not in use it has been upgraded to surfboard central app. To use SBC (Surfboard central app) on your PC is possible but it depends on the Windows version you use that should support SBC app version and you can find the steps on google to install and setup app on PC.