Question

Blocking Devices with parent control: the blocked day/time feature isn't working

• 14 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I was able to select an ‘end time’ each day for my son and his laptop, in the past several weeks it won’t work. I can completely block his access by using the ‘block’ feature, however, when I try to chose specific times for the device to be blocked (eg 2100-2359), it doesn’t work.  

Thanks for reading - I appreciate thoughts/feedback - I went through the forum and verified I am using the feature correctly based on the tutorial pages, so I am not sure what my next steps are.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello jengerfer

We understand that you are unable to block device for particular timing, that is possible on this modem interface. since you have already tried the steps mentioned on the article to setup parental control we would suggest you to try restarting your modem and try the same steps again and make sure this time you follow the step ( On the AddKeywordFilter pop-up window» uncheck All day and enter the desired time for the Time option). 

Badge

Thanks for the guidance, I restarted the modem and tried entering times, it is still not working. 

When I log into the router I do get this message:

Could that be the issue? I have the most updated version of chrome, I have a Lenova Yoga 7i.

Thank you,

Jen​​​​​​​