Question

intermittent internet connection on SBG7600AC2

• 19 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Summary:

The Client List of the web admin interface of the SBG7600AC2 is empty. There should be some reservations and number of devices attached.

ISP: Xfinity

Firmware: 9.1.103AA85

Had some intermittent connection issues the last few days. Xfinity had just done some network upgrade work in my neighborhood, so it may have been related to that. Got much worse with the gateway seeming to become unresponsive. Internal network routing failing and the admin pages not loading. Had to restart a number of times. I kept catching it display "Your unit is updating, please wait for a moment." with nothing happening and without any subsequent change in the firmware. Perhaps a bad update was also being pushed? That or my device somehow got in a bad state?

A tech was out today and confirmed signal issues coming in as well as bad wiring in the house. That aspect should hopefully be resolved. Unclear if these are related.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

After changing the cables and checking the lines outside your premises please monitor the connection for 24hrs and if the intermittent issue persist you can try changing WIFI channel on the modem interface and that will avoid interference. you can follow the steps mentioned on the below link to change the WIFI channel.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG7600AC2-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel

Badge

After changing the cables and checking the lines outside your premises please monitor the connection for 24hrs and if the intermittent issue persist you can try changing WIFI channel on the modem interface and that will avoid interference. you can follow the steps mentioned on the below link to change the WIFI channel.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG7600AC2-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel

Don’t follow how this is relevant to the client list being empty. The cable connection has been much better and there’s obviously many clients connected. However, they’re still not listed (as pictured).

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Could you try to factory reset the gateway once and check whether the client list is still empty?