Solved

Moving from central to legacy app.

• 30 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I got a reply for a possible solution to my problem of moving from central to the Legacy app.  However now when I went to the app now it is going through steps for activation to get device up and running.  It is asking for service provider to connect to them.  This is all happening.  The router is connected to Xfinity already.

All I wanted to accomplish with this new app was to see if there needs to have and updates or whatever.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Support 12 May 2023, 21:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello  pwieber

Surfboard central app is the only application that we use for modem settings and configuration other than this we don't have any application for Arris modem setup so if your using Arris modem or gateway we would suggest you to use only surfboard central app not any other. If any updates on application you will be notified through email registered with your Arris modem so you can upgrade it at that time.

Badge

I cannot use the app because it is asking me to connect the modem to the internet.  It is taking me through steps to accomplish that and I am just wondering if I need to do all that to use the app.  I am afraid that if I do all of these steps, it might have an affect on the current operation of our modem.  I am not able to get to anything else on the app until I go through this setup process.  I

The modem was purchased in 2020 and is registered.  However I have never gotten any updates notices from Arris.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hi @pwieber

If your modem is online, you can skip the ACTIVATE YOUR DEVICE…. screen and choose “I’m Online” on the ESTABLISHING CONNECTION” screen.  There’s benefit to selecting service provider because the app can provide their support phone number when you run into service issues.  The app setup would not impact the operation of the modem unless you set a different wireless name and your devices would need to be connected to the new name.