Solved

SBG7600A2 - Intermittent internet connection

• 13 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

My SBG7600 appears to lose its connection with the internet while downloading software updates or when trying to connect to a remote server. This is happening while on wi-fi or on a cabled connection. When the update is downloading the transfer rate might be 108 Mgb per second and slowly drops until the connection is lost. I might not have a connection for 2 to 3 minutes, and then the connection is re-established and repeats after maybe 5 minutes. Can someone help me with this?

Thanks

Jim

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 15 March 2024, 00:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Basically Rebooting, slow speed, intermittent connection or no internet access occurs usually out of cable signal level, out of acceptable range and it will be resolved after the power level are adjusted by the service provider or re provisioning modem by your ISP. So for this we need to check the cable signal level to confirm what causing this issue to proceed further.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG7600AC2-Cable-Signal-Levels
Badge

This is the information that i was able to find

Downstream

Power  7.4 - 8.3

Modulation  256 QAM

SNR  40.37 - 41.90

Upstream

4 Upstream Channels

Channel Type  ATDMA

SNR  5120

Power 47 - 47.50

Jim

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

All cable signals are in range. Have you tried Re-provisioning the modem with internet service provider?