Solved

unable to change the client's name on GUI portal - SBG7600AC2

• 30 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge

I have a SBG7600AC2 and I cannot find any documentation on how to see up the LAN. I cannot change the Names on the client list so most everything is “unknown”. Also I don’t know why this documentation is not easier to get to or find. The documentation in the support page has no information about the LAN set up, which I find strange. Anyway right now I’ll settle for the information I need to set the LAN up. 

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 15 February 2024, 21:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Once you logged into the modem settings page you can see the LAN setup option on the top of your Home screen mentioned grey in color and to get this option we would suggest you to try on Computer or laptop. On the left side of the interface once you select the LAN setup you will be having option to configure the LAN settings. For more information you can also check on surfboard.com for this modem user guide or using the below mentioned article.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SBG7600AC2-Web-Manager-Access
Badge

I do not have a problem getting into the LAN settings. Once I am in the LAN settings I cannot change the names in the LAN client list. Most names are “unknown” which makes it difficult to identify the client s

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Is it happening only with LAN settings?

Could you let us know whether the client lists are visible on wireless connection?

Badge

In the Client List (attached) I see both Ethernet and Wireless clients. Any client nameed “unknown” I cannot change the name so I can identify the client.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

If you wish to change the client's name, I suggest you to change it on the device settings.

There is no option to change it on GUI web portal.

Badge

I had CCNP and I have worked with Cisco, Nortel, Marconi and Linksys routers and Arris is the only one that I cannot edit the client names. It’s a good thing I’m not remote.

This is the last Arris router I will ever buy.

Badge

I changed the name of the one of thie devices and it made no differencel.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Could you try disabling “random hardware address” or “random MAC address” setting on the client to display the device name.