Question

W6U 6E Network Not Visible

• 14 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

I threw a W6U on my network.  Based on stuff I read here, I got into the web interface and looked at the basic settings, but Arris support has been steadfast that the product is plug and play.

6 months go by.  No one in my family has a 6E device.   Daughter just got an iPhone 15 and is up there at the property, so I asked if she could see any 6E network.  The answer was NO.

What am I missing here? It is plugged in, has a blue light on front, and looks happy. But it is not broadcasting an available 6E network.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Have you logged in and looked at what you named it? 

And it isn’t going to show as a 6g network so asking if she sees a 6g network might not be enough for her. MIght have to ask about that specific ssid 

Badge +1

I named it 6E-Sunnyside.  That did not show up in available networks on iPhone 15.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

@billdavies Since the iPhone 15 couldn’t see the W6U 6GHz Wi-Fi network with the default settings for Channel Width (HT160) and Channel (Auto), I recommend trying the steps in the Apple’s article https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204051.  Then try the following steps to update the wireless configuration in the W6U settings.

1. Try changing the Channel Width to HT80, HT40, and HT20 with Channel set to Auto.
  2. If the issue persist, try changing the Channel to 37, 53, 69, 133, or 149 for each Channel Width starting with HT160.

Which version of the iPhone 15 is having the issue?

Badge +1

iPhone 15 Pro

Badge +1

Reviewing steps:

Scanned QR code on device to set it up.  The Arris app is worthless and won’t even let me see the device.

I found its IP address using a network scanner app, and I can log in to the web interface using https and the password provided on the box.

I renamed the network name: 6E-Sunnyside

I have a blue solid light on the W6U - but we only have 2 devices with a 6E chipset and neither sees this Arris product.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

did you try changing the channel width through the W6U’s browser? 

Seems like a lot of IPhones having issues connecting on 160hz wide channels. 

(2) 15 Pro Max Unable connect to 6GHz (WiFi 6E) : iphone (reddit.com)

Userlevel 3
Badge +23

@billdavies Since the iPhone 15 couldn’t see the W6U 6GHz Wi-Fi network with the default settings for Channel Width (HT160) and Channel (Auto), I recommend trying the steps in the Apple’s article https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204051.  Then try the following steps to update the wireless configuration in the W6U settings.

1. Try changing the Channel Width to HT80, HT40, and HT20 with Channel set to Auto.
  2. If the issue persist, try changing the Channel to 37, 53, 69, 133, or 149 for each Channel Width starting with HT160.

Which version of the iPhone 15 is having the issue?

@billdavies  If you haven’t tried any of the steps I provided earlier. Please try setting the Wi-Fi Channel 5, 37, 53, 69, 133 or 149 on each Channel Width HT80, HT40, and HT20.

We suspect the iPhone 15 Pro 6 GHz radio setting is not playing nice with the W6U’s default 6GHz settings.