Skip to main content
Solved

Arris NVG578LX - All google speakers now not working correctly

• 21 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi. Really odd one here. I had a new router around 2 months ago. Changed the ssid to match the old one. Been working fine for the last 2 months

The last few days they have all being playing up, but I can't understand why.

“There is a glitch”, “something went wrong”. “Your device is not set up”(but it is)

We have 3 google home, 3 gen 1 minis and 2 gen 2 minis. All playing up.

I've removed them all from home, reset them all. Re connected them, but I'm getting the same issues. 

Router is Arris NVG578LX, ISP is youfibre.

I can't see any setting to change in the router. No AP isolation.

Any ideas please.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

I’ve seen a number of my Google devices just “get confused” whenever there is a network issue. They don’t seem to be “smart enough” to reconnect, and have to be rebooted by powering off/powering on. Not sure what tools you have to work with. I use Fing to help me match up device/mac address/IP. If it were me, I’d want to make sure they are visible on network and have a valid IP address. If so, then ping/tracert to ensure you can really get to them. If you see them “on network” but no IP address, that usually means they are connected via WiFi but did not authenticate. So, radio connection but no network connection. That’s not much help, but might get you started.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Arris supports only the retail products that are available on surfboard.com, not the ISP lease products. 
Please contact your ISP for further assistance.

Badge

Hi. ive Managed to sort it. I needed to switch off IPV6 on the router settings. All working fine now