Solved

Need Help Connecting 2 Arris NVG468MQ Routers Together Bridge Mode

• 27 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hey Arris Surfboard Community, need a little help.  I have 2 Arris NVG468MQ routers (Frontier) that I’m trying to connect together to expand the network within my home.  Here is the setup that I have:

• Main Arris internet modem is connected to WAN of Router 1
  • LAN of Router 1 is connected to WAN of Router 2
  • Router 2 is in transparent bridge mode
  • LAN ports of Router 2 deliver internet via ethernet to devices such as PC, DVR, Smart TV, wifi extender
  • Everything works pretty good with this set up for 10-40 minutes and then Router 2 begins to malfunction and will disconnect, connect, disconnect, wifi stops working, then at times will stops working altogether

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced challenges like these and can share or recommend any troubleshooting ideas in order for me to get more consistent performance out of my second router.  I’m wondering if it’s a security issue with Router 1 possibly viewing Router 2 as a foreign object/threat, causing inconsistent performance.  Anyway, any thoughts would be most appreciated!  Thanks so much!

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 30 June 2023, 01:56

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello obsessionguy

NVG468MQ  is a Wi-Fi voice modem so you can only disable Wi-Fi on the device by enabling Bridge mode on the modem settings. Bridge modem will disable the Wi-Fi on your modem NVG468MQ so you can connect separate router to access Wi-Fi or you can use the modem as it is for Wi-Fi and to improve Wi-Fi range you can connect separate extenders to the modem. But connecting same modem to the modem that is ( 2- NVG468MQ ) WAN port is not possible. It wont provide you proper internet connection and that is not a right setup. So in this case I would suggest you to check the current setup with your Internet service provider to get proper internet connection.