Question

TG2482A i can't find any update for my device.

• 21 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I try to access the configuration of my router, and everything is in order, the problem is that I cannot access its advanced configuration, the option simply does not appear or it appears in a gray box, I cannot change anything, I can only access the basics and I need change some settings in the "Advanced" section, I think it's because the firmware is not updated and I can't find information about it. I hope someone can help me, thank you very much for your time.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello VinsmokeJesus

The Cable Operators (MSOs) have complete control of what cable modem/gateway hardware they will allow installed and the firmware it uses, this is because they own the coaxial cable that is connected to the ARRIS TG2482A, because of that the Firmware updates are pushed by them, and any update needed as well. Any associated firmware updates are automatically deployed by the cable operator. This is not an ARRIS only implementation, but the required implementation of any cable device manufacturer. Advanced setup on the modem interface is for the service provider configuration so its not meant for the customers use.