Solved

g34 wont stay online

• 28 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

After setting up my arris g34 and having successful internet connection, the unit stops connecting. Has to be reset to connect again. Have triple checked and internet service is active and cable to unit is good. ISP is Xfinity. Can you help me?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 2 May 2023, 17:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello Bhirwinjr

G34 is a gateway, combination of modem and router so if the issue is on both the Wi-Fi and direct connection we need to check the cable signal level to isolate the issue and if the LED light on the modem is going OFF when you loose internet connectivity then you can try connecting modem to different power outlet or using different power cable. If still you find the same thing happening you can use Arris.com/consumersupport for further reference. To check the cable signal level of the modem you can use the steps mentioned on the link below 

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Cable-Signal-Levels

Badge

Thanks for the reply. In the mean time, I contacted Xfinity one last time for technical assistance. Later in the day a tech support person called me and indicated that they found an issue with a setting on their end that completely corrected the problem. They didn’t give me the setting, but mentioned latency? It’s been 5 days and everything is still great!

I am having the same issue and I cannot follow your trouble shooting instructions. I want to speak with customer support please. I work from home and this is a major issue. Not s service provider issue. My ISP is Xfinity. 

Badge

Sorry to say the problem is back.  I too believe it to be a modem equipment issue now also. I am constantly having to reset my modem to reconnect. 

Badge +1

I am having the same issue and I cannot follow your trouble shooting instructions. I want to speak with customer support please. I work from home and this is a major issue. Not s service provider issue. My ISP is Xfinity. 

The modem is the one that doesn't work. I've been using it for 3 months and there's no solution.  I recommend you buy another