Solved

My G34 has been rebooting itself every few hours.

• 9 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

When it reboots it will say “Please wait while your Wi-Fi is initializing...”. This initialization can take 30 minutes or more. This will happen several times a day. I have resorted to occasionally doing a paper clip reset. Sometimes I cannot do this because I’m in a remote location.

icon

Best answer by AUser 16 May 2023, 15:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

got a copy of your logs? could be the cmts triggering a reboot. 

Badge +3

I tried to get into my logs yesterday. Nothing in any of them. I was going to look at them again but I currently get into the console. After the the wi-fi initialization completed after the better part of an hour, I tried logging in and it kept telling me that the login timed-out. Later today I imagine the Microsoft updates will hit and I will reboot my computers. Keep in mind I have 3 computers and they all act the same when logging into the console. All of my devices are hard-wired except for my garage door opener and a wireles camera.

Badge +3

OK. I finally got connectivity to the console and realized that the only logs I can look at are prior to today. I’m in there looking around. There are a few critical IP6 messages.

Badge +3

In the process of looking at the logs, I lost connection to the console again. 

Badge +3

I did a factory reset which seemed to help the disconnects to the interface. I had to rebuild my networks. One of the reasons I did a reset was also to install the phone app. I still haven’t been successful yet. Even called support without success. I ended the call so I could attack it on my own instead of wasting support time. I’ll address this later. I’ve heard the app is a better interface. 

Badge +3

After doing several factory resets, the router is stable but on the last reset I was able to install the phone app. I’m not sure and it’s not clear according to the app install, but I was logging onto the website and that stopped the install of the app because instead of the email address it was defaulting to admin. Somehow I was able to skip to the email address screen.