Skip to main content

I went through the wps and connected mu wifi printer. modem locked up later and I had to reboot it. It lost my wifi printer. I have tried to reconnect it using both types of wps several times with no luck. My printer sees the network but the router can’t see my printer. So I started to reconnect the same way it worked the first time. I deleted the connection from my printer. tried wps again no luck this time. This shouldn’t be this hard. I added the surfboard app to my I pad (I don’t own a cell phone). It goes nowhere. I added the surfboard utility app and it doesn’t work either. because I have been repairing computers for years. I also have a degree in electrical technology. I have set up my prior three modem/routers without issue. This router has fought me all the way through. I tried to use the wifi manager but when I try to login it says my email is invalid. well my email hasn't changed. I know how to type it and typed it when I set up my surfboard account. I know I typed it right as I had to get a verification email to set up the account. What has happened? If I can’t solve this printer issue the router is going back to Amazon.

Could you help us with the model number to assist you further on this issue?

My router is a G36. My printer is an HP2540.