Skip to main content

Hi, I’ve tried calling the Arris support as well as using their Live Chat option, but neither appear to be working right now. Any help is greatly appreciated!! 

Starting yesterday we have internet connectivity issues with all our personal devices in the house--laptop, phones, etc. If I reboot the G34 it works for maybe a few minutes, then the connection gets bad, and eventually the SSIDs disappear from the Wifi options on all devices. I’ve done two factory resets, but can’t get passed the “Connect to new home network” on the app restart. When I call our provider, Cox, they say it is activated and working from their end. The solid blue light on the G34 is on at all times (except, of course, when I am doing a reboot or a reset). We also tried connecting via ethernet cable without luck. 

Please advise if you are able. Does the customer service number and/or live chat normally work? 

Best,

Hello nsmith92

We understand that you are having intermittent connection issue on the network, since you have done with all basic trouble shooting like restarting and resetting modem no need to repeat again. Basically, intermittent connection or no internet access occurs usually out of cable signal level, out of acceptable range and it will be resolved after the power level are adjusted by the service provider. So for this we need to check the cable signal level to confirm what causing this issue to proceed further. Please follow the steps mentioned on link below to check the signal level.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Cable-Signal-Levels

Hi, our internet provider says all numbers look good. Unfortunately I can’t even access the 192 page because the internet doesn’t last long enough.  Cox also says it’s probably a router/modem problem if the Ethernet cable doesn’t work.