Skip to main content

I have a situation where I have had daily connection issues and had to do multiple hard resets. Now the unit will not reset. The way I know is because in the past when I do a 20 second reset the ethernet lights would turn orange. Now they won’t turn orange and will never connect.

BTW,  I have an open support ticket on this. I think I have a bad unit and I’m trying to get a replacement but I have to do the support dance. I explained that if the connection light never turns blue, they will never be able to diagnose the issue remotely. Am I correct?

Hello AUser

When you perform hard reset on the modem do you feel a click on the modem reset button?

If you are not feeling a click on the modem reset button please try using different thing to reset modem a sharp little thing.

please, disconnect the coaxial cable from the back of the device? At the back of the modem, in the middle section you will see a small hole, inside that hole there is a button, and that is the reset button, please insert a paper clip or a tip of a pen and hold it for 15-30 seconds until all your lights go off, afterwards connect the coax cable back and wait until your device fully boots up.

Yes. I’ve had to do this numerous times in the last two weeks after continuing disconnection problems. I told two reps that it will not reset and it’s still under warranty. I have an older 300M router in its place right now because I have to have a connection. 

All I need is a replacement.

The rep wanted to reset so they could do diagnostics. I explained that they won’t be able to do diagnostics if I don’t get a blue light.

If you looking for the warranty replacement, Please visit arris.com/selfhelp for more information.

Warranty inquiries are handled by Consumer Support.

Got another rep who determined I needed a replacement.