Solved

G36 - No internet and solid orange LED light

Badge

There have been several threads about this topic, notably:

My situation is similar. I have been using my Arris G36 + Xfinity since January 2022. Within the past year, I have had to do more frequent reboots and the connection would drop somewhat regularly. However, two days ago, the internet stopped working. I reset the modem, and now there is only a solid orange LED light. 

I contacted Xfinity who helped me attempt a second activation and install a “software update”. However, this didn’t fix anything. I know its not a problem with the coaxial or Xfinity because Xfinity gave me a different modem that is working.

I just missed my product’s warranty window which was March 2024. I am fairly upset that I paid $300+ for this modem that is lasting barely 2 years.

Has anyone been able to successfully recover a modem from this state?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 21 May 2024, 21:42

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case please perform hard reset on the modem and try accessing modem GUI without connecting coax cable if that works you can reactivate modem by contacting your service provider. At the back of the modem, in the middle section you will see a small hole, inside that hole there is a button, and that is the reset button, please insert a paper clip or a tip of a pen and hold it for 15-30 seconds until all your lights go off, afterwards connect the coax cable back and wait until your device fully boots up.  But after resetting the modem will go to default setup any custom settings will be removed so use the default network name and password to connect to your network.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Web-Manager-Access

Badge

Thank you for your response. I attempted a hard reset on the G36 by holding the reset button with a paper clip for 15 seconds, 30 seconds, and even 1 minute. I also followed the instructions here: https://arris.my.salesforce-sites.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Factory-Reset/?l=en_US&fs=RelatedArticle

The orange light stays on while holding and even after releasing the reset button. There is no time when the lights go off or flash.

What should I try next?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Could you let me know whether the Wi-Fi network name is broadcasting on the devices?

Badge

It is not broadcasting any Wi-Fi network name on the devices

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

I suggest visiting www.arris.com/consumersupport for further assistance.

Badge

Unfortunately my product just fell out of warranty. Are there any alternatives?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Normally, you can get the replacement only under a warranty claim. If the device is out of warranty, I suggest purchasing a new modem.

Thank you for your response. I attempted a hard reset on the G36 by holding the reset button with a paper clip for 15 seconds, 30 seconds, and even 1 minute. I also followed the instructions here: https://arris.my.salesforce-sites.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Factory-Reset/?l=en_US&fs=RelatedArticle

The orange light stays on while holding and even after releasing the reset button. There is no time when the lights go off or flash.

What should I try next?

I am having this same issue, except that my modem/router is still broadcasting my WiFi network. My device is in warranty until 2026. What next suggestions should I take to troubleshoot. Everything was working fine until yesterday. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

What should I try next?

I am having this same issue, except that my modem/router is still broadcasting my WiFi network. My device is in warranty until 2026. What next suggestions should I take to troubleshoot. Everything was working fine until yesterday. 

Could you help us with the product model number to assist you further?

What should I try next?

Could you help us with the product model number to assist you further?

It is a G36 with S/N: 32S5G8595110485