Solved

Intermittent speed issues on G34

Badge

Recently upgraded to the G34(Cox ISP), ever since upgrading my internet speeds have drastically fluctuated. They will be around 500-600Mbps, and then drop and stay around 30Mbps.

I experience the speed Issues on my Phone, Work PC and Personal PC.  I’ve speedtested both PCs and both experience the same speed fluctuations. I’ve done the standard troubleshooting of power cycling, and reconnecting all cables. I’ve tried both Wifi and Ethernet connections both experience same speed fluctuations.

I’ve spoken with Cox and they don’t see any issues with the signal/service they are sending.

Tried checking the Modem settings through the App which is not super useful. I haven’t changed any of the security settings or anything, so they are all stock at this point.

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated 

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 24 May 2024, 20:12

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case since you have done with all possible trouble shooting no need to repeat and to check on this issue further could you please help us with the cable signal level of the Downstream and upstream values or you can also share the screen shot of that page.

Badge

In this case since you have done with all possible trouble shooting no need to repeat and to check on this issue further could you please help us with the cable signal level of the Downstream and upstream values or you can also share the screen shot of that page.

Downstream lowest is -2.0, highest 4.30

Upstream lowest is 44.51, highest is 51.5

After speaking with Support, they stated that they believe there is an issue with the incoming signal from Cox, despite Cox stating their signal shows no issues.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Usually, the cable signals for the Upstream channels should be 45dbmv to 55dbmv. Since the signals are not in range, I suggest to reprovisioning the modem with ISP.

Badge

Usually, the cable signals for the Upstream channels should be 45dbmv to 55dbmv. Since the signals are not in range, I suggest to reprovisioning the modem with ISP.

So Cox finally agreed to come out, turns out the cable in the wall is bad. That’s why neither end could see anything.

Appreciate the assistance