Skip to main content
Solved

Maximum Devices to connect on Wi-Fi network with G34

• 16 July 2024
  • 5 replies

I just purchased the G34 and it seems to be limited to 31 devices (based on debugging problems on my network).   How many devices are supported?  This critical information is not provided on the Arris website or in any documentation that I have found.   What modem/routers support more than 31 devices?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

On G34 is supported to connected more than 200 devices so you can try connecting to the network 2.4 or 5G according to the device compatibility

Badge

That’s interesting but does not explain why as I added a new device an existing one became disconnected.  That occurred with many different types of devices from light switches to smoke alarms.  I spent 6 hours trying to get more than 31 devices working at the same time with no luck.  When I did get the next device online a previously working device would pop offline.  I had some devices on 2.4 and some on 5G.  When I replaced the G34 with my original router, an SBG10, all devices came online.  Sticking with the SBG10 for now….😪

Badge

@dougeveland currently experiencing the same issue. I have over 20 devices connected. Brilliant Smart Home switches, Phillips Hue light bulbs, Sonos speakers, two TVs, two laptops. Is this too many devices for the G34? I spent over an hour on the phone with Arris technical support this weekend and there was no solution or recommendation given. Can anyone from Arris help?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Could you please Factory reset the modem and try adding the devices?

After performing a factory reset of the modem, all the customized credentials will change to default settings.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Factory-Reset

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

@dougeveland currently experiencing the same issue. I have over 20 devices connected. Brilliant Smart Home switches, Phillips Hue light bulbs, Sonos speakers, two TVs, two laptops. Is this too many devices for the G34? I spent over an hour on the phone with Arris technical support this weekend and there was no solution or recommendation given. Can anyone from Arris help?

If you are unable to connect limited devices, I would suggest changing the security mode for 2.4G network and try connecting again.

To change the security mode> Login to 192.168.0.1>Gateway>connections>Wi-Fi>networks>Edit for 2.4Ghz.

Change the security mode as WPAWPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES).