Skip to main content

Just hooked up my new G34, connected to the internet and it worked perfect….for about 6 hours, then shut down. I unplugged it and waited about 5 minutes, plugged it back in. Nothing. Unplugged again and waited 10 minutes, meanwhile called my service provider to see if there was an outage in the area. No. Plugged back in and red light, then flashing lights, then flashing blue light, then blue light and I was connected. Now I’m not impressed if it only lasts 6 hours and has to be rebooted. I need it replaced as I work from home and getting dropped while logged into my team is not a good thing. Downtime costs me money. I’m thinking of buying something else and returning. It didn’t even come with a manual, so I have no idea what all the lights meant! so frustrated.  Suggestions or ideas are welcome...please?

Are you facing intermittent connection issue like your modem rebooting by itself or wifi dropping in and out?

In that case we need to check the cable signal level sent to the modem by your service provider to isolate the issue. 

To check the LED light status of your modem you can check on the below article

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-LED-Light-Status

Steps to check the cable signal of G34

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Cable-Signal-Levels

Hard to check anything when it’s off since everything is wifi in my house. Funny thing...the cable guy was here and said it was a bum machine, so I am requesting a replacement. Put my old one back on till it arrives. Truly….the thing died...and I can’t reboot it twice a day. My 5 year old moden is doing okay till the replacement arrives, but if there are issues I’ll return it too and find another brand. 

If you are looking for the replacement you need to reach out to our phone support through  Arris.com/consumersupport if the modem is under warranty.

I called the day I received it and Amazon sent me a replacement. They are both going back. Arris support never answered and I tried that first. I tried to see if there was another way to contact them to see if they could help me set up and there was no one available. Guess they only work during the week and specific hours. 

I apologize for the inconvenience. The hours of operation for the ARRIS Contact Center are: 7:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m. (Pacific Time) Monday - Saturday.