Skip to main content

I have an Arris Surfboard G36. I have it set up and the Internet is working fine...no problems with setting it up. What I'm having trouble with is setting up my printer on the router/wifi. The message I get is MAC address filtering is enabled on my wireless router. I get a 2 solutions: 1) I should disable the MAC filtering to my router but I don't know how to disable it. 2) if I keep MAC address enabled, I must first add the MAC address of my printer to the list of permitted devices on my router before continuing to set up my printer wireless. I have the MAC address from my printer but I don't know how to add it to the list of permitted devices on my router. So I don't know how to do either of the solutions....any help to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

To add the MAC address from the printer to the permitted list of devices, on the router, through the web manager (192.168.0.1) follow the steps below:

• Log in to web manager (192.168.0.1) with user name: admin and password: password (if not customized) all in lowercase
  • Select <> Gateway<>Connection<> Wi-Fi<>Network <> MAC Filtering »
  • After selecting MAC Filtering <> go to MAC Filter Settings and  select  MAC Filtering Mode: Allow All 
  • Then, Go to Manually-Added Wi-Fi Devices now add the Device name and MAC Address