Skip to main content

Ever since I installed my Arris G36, my telnet connection drops after about 10 minutes. Is there any setting I should change to prevent this?

Thanks.

Hello Julie Falsetti

If the Wi-Fi connection drops on G36 commonly for both 2.4 and 5G networks you can try performing basic trouble shooting like restarting modem for a minute, if still issue persist you can try changing Wi-Fi channel under Wi-Fi settings on the modem interface or GUI. Because if other Wi-Fi sources such as neighboring wireless access points are using the same wireless channel, this may cause intermittent connectivity issues, even if the competing signal is relatively weak. Changing the wireless channel within the  gateway can improve connectivity, please follow the steps mention on the link below to change channels and if this is only on particular device for that we would suggest you to try checking that device settings or you can try basic trouble shooting by contacting that device manufacturer, check whether the device is connected to 2.4 network for better connection.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Channel

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

It turns out that the telnet client I was using was very out of date. I got a new one, and now telnet works fine.