Solved

TWO FAILED G34 MODEMS - Slow speed

• 30 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Furious customer here!! For several MONTHS I have been battling with Arris for a refund for a modem that failed within one year of use. They refused to refund, as the product was not purchased directly through them. (A very unfair policy that leaves most consumers at a loss, as most merchants will not accept faulty tech merchandise and will just tell you to contact the tech company directly).

So, they sent a replacement instead. This sadly failed to work within ONE week of use! Clearly there is a problem with their products (as I’ve now seen from lengthy searches on this forum and online, including a class action lawsuit in 2017). There seems to be a significant number of issue with their products and compatibility with Xfinity.

Compounding this, the customer service experiences I have had have been HORRENDOUS, including empty promises to return calls; no direct line offered to the senior rep, Priya, I have been fruitlessly working with, requiring a minimum of 30 minutes per call as junior staff has to read through my entire case and escalate; asking me to pay for the return shipping fee for their defective product; and insinuating that my internet speed is the issue and that I should have it reduced (seriously, Arris?!).

I am sharing this as a BUYER BEWARE warning and will be reporting this to

my local consumer protection office.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 2 May 2024, 22:33

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Badge

UPDATES: Arris continues to claim that our speed plan of 1.2 Gbps needs to be reduced to 1.0 GBbps in order to be compatible with their G34 modem. (Meanwhile when I run download speed tests I barely even get to 300 MBPS.) Why then does Arris advertise on the back of the G34 modem box that it can handle download speeds of up to 4 Gbps?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

I suggest reaching out at www.arris.com/consumersupport for further assistance.