Solved

Unable to connect Wi-Fi on any devices except laptop on G34

• 20 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

My G34 is limiting access to just one laptop. Its the laptop that I original setup the network on. This seems to have happened randomly. Contacted my internet provider and they see it the router connected and are able to ping it. Connecting devices through ethernet works fine. Everything has looked fine on the IP site and the WIFI has a green check and shows the one laptop, but no other devices are able to connect. I’ve restored to factory default settings but that doesn’t seem to work. Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 21 May 2024, 20:21

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case we would suggest you to change the security mode on the modem GUI and also customize the Wi-Fi credentials that is changing Wi-Fi name and password will also make this issue get fixed. 

To change the Wi-Fi credentials please follow the steps mentioned on the below link 

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G34-G36-Changing-the-Wi-Fi-Name-and-Password

And to change the security mode please select 

Gateway > Connection > Wi-Fi > Edit Home 2.4 GHz > select security mode drop down arrow click on it and select WPAWPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES) > save settings.