Skip to main content

Could someone please tell me what the current firmware version is for the Surfboard G36? Mine is running 01.04.028.01.01.NCS, and I think it may be outdated.

For example, whenever I connect to its Web Manager, it displays the message, “The version of Mozilla Firefox you are using is unsupported. Your Gateway's web interface has been tested to work with the minimum version: 63.0.3.” I am using the current version of Firefox, 109.0.1, and though I’m not much of a math whiz, I do believe that 109 is greater than 63.

Also, please, I understand that my service provider is responsible for performing the firmware update procedure and that I cannot procure the firmware and update it myself. I just want to know if my G36 is running the latest version.

Thanks much.

Hello RM_of_SM

We understand that you are looking for details about latest firmware version for G36 and also having issue in accessing modem interface or GUI using any web browsers.  The message displayed in the Web Manager is a false warning, and you will not experience any issue.  There is fix in development that will be pushed when it is available.  Until then, if you don't want to switch to another browser and want to continue to used Firefox, you will need to close the pop-up each time you log into the Web Manager.

Regarding firmware latest version you need to confirm only with your Internet service provider for that since they are only ones capable of pushing firmware updates to DOCSIS modems per DOCSIS standards.