Question

ethernet working, wifi wont G36

• 28 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

I'm pretty tech savvy but I can't seem to solve it. Modem is powered, internet coming in, neither of those seem to be the issue. The ethernet cables are working, anything connected to them has internet. But the wifi won't allow any connection. They, the 2.5 and 5, both appear under default names, passwords established in surfboard app won't work. Every time I go into the app they appear under default names, then I expand settings and the name that I assigned to them appears then disappears once I collapse it. I have reset the modem by unplugging it from both ends a few times, using the reset button, even using the app. Nothing is working. 

My phone can connect to the wifi but there's no internet. My security cams and other devices won't even recognize the default names or accept the passwords

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello OTJ

In this case we would suggest you to try uninstalling and reinstalling app on different device then start setup, you can also confirm the modem WAN and LAN IP to check the status of the modem that will help us to isolate the issue, if you are able to connect to Wi-Fi network without internet you need to contact your internet service provider to re provision your modem to get this issue fixed.

Badge

I have a similar issue, but I do have WiFi.  I work on Enterprise Data Storage networks and am very tech savvy too.

However, since I got my G36, several times a week I lose WiFi on all my devices, have 10 total showing in the App.  My Apple products show I’m connected to WiFi but have no internet.  So far all I have to do is a soft reboot to correct.

I’m on a 1.2Gb connection that tests out around 1.35 on my desktop, yet when I have this issue I BARELY hit 1Mb when I test WiFi.  I switched from Netgear, was that a mistake . . .

Badge

Need a post delete option

Badge

Hello OTJ

In this case we would suggest you to try uninstalling and reinstalling app on different device then start setup, you can also confirm the modem WAN and LAN IP to check the status of the modem that will help us to isolate the issue, if you are able to connect to Wi-Fi network without internet you need to contact your internet service provider to re provision your modem to get this issue fixed.

I’m not sure what ISP Provisioning has to do with WiFi issues.  ISP’s do not control WiFi, only the internet going to the Modem.  If we both have Internet when our PC’s are hardwired, it isn’t an ISP issue.  This is the same BS I dealt with Netgear over which is one of the reasons why I switched to Arris.

With that said, I reached out to Xfinity.  They said everything looks great on their end.

Now then, since there are MULTIPLE Posts from other uses related to the G36 and WiFi/Internet, lets skip all the BS and get down to some real troubleshooting.

Badge

Guess this is not an important issue for Arris.  Still having issues.

Badge

I had the same issue with the SBG8300 modem/router. Still not great but Xfinity had the wrong CM code for my unit. Spent hours on the phone with XFinity.