Question

MAC Filtering stops working and screen won't populate...why?

• 26 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

MAC filtering screen will not populate.  After I have successfully set this feature up, a few days later the screen wont populate and the settings no longer work. The screen stays stuck at “This may take several minutes...” I have to restore default gateway and set it up again only for the screen to eventually not populate and stop working! Rinse and Repeat!  Why is this happening?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Badge +1

Anyone can help me? I still have this problem.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @emanon,

Thank you for reaching out to the SURFboard community.  Looks like you’re in a unique situation and doesn’t appear other members are experiencing this issue.  Please advise the name and version of the web browser you’re using, if you MAC Filtering to allow or deny specific client, and if you select client from Wi-Fi Control List or adding Wi-Fi device manually.

Refer to this KB to make sure the settings are correct.  SBG8300: RESTRICT WI-FI CLIENTS

Badge +1

I tried using the latest versions of both Safari (Version 16.6 (18615.3.12.11.2)) and Chrome (Version 114.0.5735.198). It happened with both.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

I’d like to replicate the issue.  Please confirm the following information:

• G36 firmware version
  • Is the MAC Filter setup for Primary or Guest SSID
  • Which MAC Filter Mode did you select (Allow or Deny)
  • Did you select from the Device Name list or manually added Wi-Fi devices
  • Number of devices added

It would be great if you can provide detail steps and how you got to this point.  That way we could attempt reproduce.