Solved

WebGUI Login Credentials Doesn't Show in App

• 4 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

I’m trying to login to the web GUI but in the app it doesn’t show the credentials. I shows the this scree

Any idea how I can get the credentials?

I’m also having a problem where devices stop connecting to 5G until rebooting the Gateway.

Thanks in advance.

Eric

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Support 10 May 2023, 21:12

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello eoberg

Using the surfboard central app you can access modem interface as mentioned on the above screen shot, you can get the login credentials from the application to login. Please use the same email address which you used on the surfboard app to access the modem interface. For more details follow the steps mentioned on the article below.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SURFboard-Central-Web-Manager-Access

let us know if this helps.

Badge

This did not help. The problem is that when I follow the steps you list and use the email address I used to setup there is not password shown in the app just like in the screen shot. 

When I setup using the app I did not get a prompt to setup a password. I was emailed a code. The code does not work as the password and when I follow the steps in the it show just what I posted on the screenshot [no email or password shows]

What I need to know is if I can get reset the credentials or do I need to reset the modem and start over. Can I recover or reset the password or do I need to reset and do a setup again using a wired connection instead the app. ?

Userlevel 3
Badge +23

This did not help. The problem is that when I follow the steps you list and use the email address I used to setup there is not password shown in the app just like in the screen shot. 

When I setup using the app I did not get a prompt to setup a password. I was emailed a code. The code does not work as the password and when I follow the steps in the it show just what I posted on the screenshot [no email or password shows]

What I need to know is if I can get reset the credentials or do I need to reset the modem and start over. Can I recover or reset the password or do I need to reset and do a setup again using a wired connection instead the app. ?

This is out of the ordinary.  What model is your gateway the app is connected to?  Are you using iOS or Android device? Are you able to scroll to the bottom of the screen to view the username and password?  

Badge

I’m unable to scroll down any further. The gateway is a G36. I have the app installed on an iOS device iPhone SE.

When I go to support details I’m also not able to scroll down there even though it looks like I should be able to… I can scroll on other screens like My Network.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

I’m unable to scroll down any further. The gateway is a G36. I have the app installed on an iOS device iPhone SE.

When I go to support details I’m also not able to scroll down there even though it looks like I should be able to… I can scroll on other screens like My Network.

Hello @eoberg,

Sorry to hear about the app scroll function in your iPhone SE.  I’ll check my internal resource and get back with you.  In the mean time, are you able to install the SURFboard Central app on another mobile or tablet device?  You would use the same email address registered on the app.

Badge

I’ll try installing on my iPad and see if that works. In the surfboard apps the scroll works in most places but when going to the menu up in the left corner is where things don’t scroll.

Badge

On the iPad I can see the login info. I guess I just needed a bigger screen to make it work. Thanks for you help I really do appreciate it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Anytime!  Thank you for the follow up.  I reported your issue internally.  App issues are normally addressed on future app release. Continue to update your app when they’re available. 

Thank you for reaching out to the community!

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Hello @eoberg,

The issues you’re seeing on your iPhone SE is caused by the Display Zoom is set to Zoomed.  We’ve notice this in the past with iPhone screen smaller than 6 inches.  Try setting your Display Zoom View to Standard and let me know if both your issues go away.

In your iPhone SE navigate to Settings Display & Brightness > Display Zoom View > and set it to Standard.