Question

BE18000 (G54) unable to setup wi-fi via SURFboard Central App

• 1 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Installed Surfboard Central app on my android device, powered up BE18000 (G54), and activated the gateway via COX tech support.  G54 shows solid blue LED and provides ethernet connection. However, the QR Code rejected when requested during wi-fi setup via the app.  The reject message was something along the lines of QR Code not a readable format.  I’ve attempted a manual network setup on my android device but it didn’t work either.  The product label on the bottom of the unit shows SSID as G54-9DB1 but my android device only shows one G54-ABCD during network scans.  The default password on the G54’s label does not work with either G54-9DB1 (label SSID) or with G54-ABCD (network scan).  Suggestive solutions via similar threads have not remedied the QR Code scan reject.  As a result, I cannot complete the G54 wi-fi setup.

UPDATE:  I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the Surfboard Central app three times and still can’t connect to wi-fi with QR Code scan or setup manually options in the app.  The label SSID G54-9DB1 does not work with the label password.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case you can try login into the modem interface directly and you can customize the WIFI credentials and you can try setting up the surfboard central app using the option 

> Click here if you have previously installed with Web based UI portal

Please follow the steps mentioned on the below article to setup the surfboard central app

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SURFboard-Central-Wi-Fi-Cable-Modem-Setup