Question

G54 Bridge Mode

• 3 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge
  • The Certified
  • 3 replies

I am looking to use the bridge mode on G54 in order to connect to a tp-link Omada device to balance load with the tplink device. the Omada device does not receive any data from the G54 after enabling bridge mode in the arris g54. am i missing something on the surfboard side?  

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

What Omada device do you have? 
if you’re trying to load balance, it needs to have dual wan capability. 

Also, when the G54 is in bridge mode (modem only) only 1 device can be connected to it. If you had something else, disconnect it, shut off the g54 for a few minutes, then boot it back up with the omada connected. 

Just out of curiosity, why buy the G54 if you’re going to use it in bridge mode. Why not just get a modem only device? 

Badge

plemans,

thanks for your response. I went with the G54 for long term use with my ISP. ER605 with more than one WAN port is the Omada device I own. I am going to try something else. Will post afterwards. Thank You.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

If the G54 is in bridge mode, did you have anything else connected to it? 

Badge

G54 is not on bridge mode. G54 is on the ISP 192.168.0.2. ... internet connection that came with the apartment.  172..19.15.73 is on the ER 605 in wan port 1. G54 is the second wan port with a static Ip 192.168.0.2 see illustration.

not sure how to change the connection statue to link up the G54 192.168.0.2. 

Badge
thank you ...G54 is not in Bridge Mode. I have only one connection. displayed is the connection status. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Would you let us know if you require more assistance so we can help you further with more information? Thanks.