Question

G54 Logs Empty

• 21 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

For the past month, I’ve been having issues with losing internet on my G54.  When it happens, unplugging and replugging resolves the issue temporarily.  The issue will go away for several days and then resurface to the point where I’ll have to reboot 2-3 times in a single day.  This has made troubleshooting with my ISP difficult, since they make every effort to avoid sending a technician.  However, the reason I’m posting this here is because I noticed that even when I have no internet, the light on my router/modem is steady blue to indicate that everything is working fine.  Furthermore, I recently went into the GUI and noticed that ALL of the event logs and system logs are completely empty for the past 90 days.  I’m curious to know if anyone else has experienced this with their G54 where there’s no internet but the router/modem itself thinks everything is totally fine.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

When you perform hard reset or factory reset on the modem the event logs will be cleared and the Log page will look empty so please do monitor connection for next 24hrs without resetting modem.

About the intermittent connection, is this happening only on Wi-Fi or even on the device connected to the modem directly?