Question

G54 needs newer firmware. Xfinity blaming Arris.

• 25 January 2024
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

G54 shows to have firmware AC01.01.015_051923_G5X.04.20.121  trying to get Xfinity to update on their end but they blame Arris saying the file should be here somewhere. This one is on their “enhanced network speeds” list so it should work but I believe the firmware is the holdback. Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Is it working? The firmware is part of the provisioning when they setup their bootfile to the modem. Its not something Arris sends but comes direct from xfinity. Usually the response you got is a tech trying to get you off the phone. 

Are you not hitting your enhanced upload speeds? or what issues is it causing? 

Badge +1

My download speeds actually went up to what they are supposed to and better, but download is still capping at 20mb and should be at least 100mbs.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

So they’re not sending you the increased upload provisioning. You could try seeing if they can reprovision it. when I first got mine, it took a couple attempts to get someone to do it with the correct file. You might also check xfinity’s reddit page. Their moderators on there are pretty solid (better than the call in reps). It might just be your area hasn’t gotten the enhanced speeds yet. It took about 1-2 months with mine from when my account showed the enhanced speed level, until I could actually get it. 

Badge +1

Guy tried it last night and no luck but. I'm in contact with the reddit reps at this moment. I'll get them to try to resend it a few more times as the current firmware is obviously the old version. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Its not that old of firmware. The one with issues was a AC01.01.012. (had that one as a pre-release). 

Still got your old modem? Try factory resetting, then reinstall your old modem. Then reinstall the G54 but use the app to install. That’s how I got my pre-release version to update. The reps couldn’t get it figured out but the automated system worked

Badge +1

Yeah I do. I'm at work, but got them to resend the signal a few times. I'll check and try all that this evening. Thanks.

Badge +1

I installed my G54 with the app last night. What is your current firmware #’s. Curious what it says, as they say the latest firmware is from June 2023.

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

It’ll be different for different ISP’s and even regions as if your area has a differing mid/high split. Its why firmware versions aren’t usually posted. Mine currently is on ac01.01.020

Did it work reinstalling with the app? Did you put the old modem back in place?

Did you check on the reddit moderators to see if they could check on it. 

Badge +1

Well after 2 days of back and forth, 6 phone reps, a chat rep and 6 reddit reps, they finally blamed it on not having mid-split in my area, even though my area is listed as being an enhanced speed area and to be looking for an email for when it's actually available in my area. 

I have xfinity as well, but my firmware seems to be the version proir to yours. Not saying that's the issue, but they tried several times to resend the provisional signal and it didn't change. 

Didn't get to try the old/new swap. Will try this weekend when I have more time, though if what that say is true it may be pointless.