Question

G54 stuck while updating on SBC app.

Badge

When I opened the app it said it needed to be updated on a G54. I began the update but it’s still stuck at 0% and has been that way for the last several hours. Can someone help?

14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Could you please help us with the app name and version that you are using to setup the G54 modem

Badge

Yes the app version is 4.2.11 and the app is SURFboard Central. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

4.2.11 is an updated version. I suggested you try with different mobile phone to set up the SBC app.

Badge

I am trying to find a friend with an android because the Apple devices are doing the same thing as mine. 

im having the same issues. Is this a known issue with apple phones trying to do a system update with in the app?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

im having the same issues. Is this a known issue with apple phones trying to do a system update with in the app?

Please help us with the model number to assist you further.

I have the same issue with new G54. Just installed and activated the modem on Xfinity, and it seems to have paired up well, but now when I open the newest version of the SBC app on my iPhone, it automatically sends me to system update, and the update is stuck at 0%. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

I have the same issue with new G54. Just installed and activated the modem on Xfinity, and it seems to have paired up well, but now when I open the newest version of the SBC app on my iPhone, it automatically sends me to system update, and the update is stuck at 0%. 

Could you help us with the firmware version for the SBC app that you are trying to install on your phone.

I get same error downloading firmware on  iPhone . Stays on 0 percent.  Just got modem yesterday. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

I get same error downloading firmware on  iPhone . Stays on 0 percent.  Just got modem yesterday. 

Please help us with the modem’s model number to assist further.

G54 .. the apple surfboard central app is totally worthless .. the firmware update screen pops up and does nothing staying at 0 downloaded . Can't use the app .. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

We apologize for the inconvenience. I suggest you provide more specific details about your device to assist further:

Firmware version for the modem G54

Mobile phone operating system (Android or iOS)

Surfboard Central app version.

Firmware AC01.02.009_030524.G5X.04.20.1222

ios 17.5.1 

surfboard central 4.3.2