Solved

G54 - Unable to connect laptop through wifi

• 21 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

WiFi signal is not being seen by my laptop, my laptop does see all the neighbors WiFi signals in my area. I have ten other devices on line with no issues, cell phones, smart TV's, iPads, all work fine on the WiFi, never seen this before, did reinstall on the NIC, updates on the PC, and NIC, ideas, help, greatly appreciate it. BTW, hard line CAT 6 works great. 

icon

Best answer by C1ATrader 22 January 2024, 22:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Could you please help us with the laptop model and it was working before with G54 network or its never been connected?

Since you have many other devices connected and working fine with your home network that confirms there is no issue with the modem but you can try changing security mode on the modem GUI to check whether that blocks the connection or not so please login to the modem interface then go to

The Gateway > Connection > Wi-Fi > Networks> Edit

Security mode option click on the drop down arrow then select WPA2-PSK(AES) - click SAVE then restart modem for a minute. 

Check on the laptop for G54 WIFI network.

Badge

Hello,

PC is an ASUS G751J. I reset the security options and rebooted the modem, magic! The PC found the WiFi signal, evidently the NIC card is to old for the for newer security features? Will be upgrading the NIC to the newest standard via USB port. Thank you very much for your help. BTW, reset the security to the previous default setting. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +40

Looks like you could probably replace that laptops wireless card without to much issue. Ifixit has a tutorial of how to do so