Solved

G54 won't connect to Altice Optimum Internet

• 26 February 2024
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

We tried all we could and Optimum even sent out a tech and he said they were getting numerous errors while activating the G54 internet . He said they finally got it successfully activated but the modem for a few seconds flashed a solid blue then green light and flashing green light ever since and hasn’t connected to the internet yet. I can get into the Surfboard central app features of the modem by continuing the install process without internet but that's it.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 26 February 2024, 23:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Badge +1

Factory reset has been done numerous times too so that's not the issue here.

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Could you let us know whether the Wi-Fi network name is broadcasting on your devices?

If the Wi-Fi name is broadcasting on your devices, I suggest you to try with self-activation through Optimum application.

Also, check the WAN Ip address on GUI web portal.

Badge +1

Yes the WiFi name is broadcasting and I can connect my phone to it but there’s no internet. Optimum self activation requires a login on their site in order to install which I don’t have an xfinity account 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

If you do not have Optimum account, I suggest you to check with internet service provider for further assistance.

Badge +1

I figured it out by a lot of research. Optimum is a HFC network in my area and have to be activated with the HFC MAC instead of the usual WAN MAC. All  the customer service reps and the Tech only know about the WAN MAC address. 

Good Morning,

Optimum customer here in Forney, Tx and having the same issues. I made sure to give them the HFC MAC as well, but no luck.  I can see the SSID on my networks, but no internet connection. I’m waiting for a return call from the advanced tech. I’m probably just going to return it back to the store. I was excited to use this product, but it looks like it’s not compatible with them.

Badge +1

I’m sorry I forgot I posted this and you are correct, it’s a network configuration issue with optimum and I ended up returning the modem after it wouldn’t stay connected even with the correct HFC MAC for their network 

Ok! Thanks for the update!  I’m going to call tech support back and cancel the visit!  Did you go with another gateway? 

Badge +1

Yes, I’m using the Orbi cbk752 which works really well and connected right away