Question

Intermittent internet connection on G54

• 29 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

This is a known problem with the G54.  I get Constant disconnects all the time.  I have 2 G54s and I’ve got a friend with 1 as well.   1 of them is at my home with xifnity, the other is with Utopia fiber, which is 40 miles away.  

My friend gets disconnects all day long and I get disconnects all day long on both of my G54s.  I have spent hours and hours on the phone with xfinity, Uptopia and Arris support.  Both my ISP providers have updated the firmware, have replaced all the cables, connectors, etc.  Even Arris has replaced one of my modems thinking it was a bad modem.  I’ve tried doing factory resets, changing channels, disabling the wifi and NOTHING works.  

I know for a fact that it’s something with the modem because my friend can’t get his to work correctly and I can’t get either of mine to work correctly either.  Now I’m past the point of not being able to return it and it’s very frustrating.  I can take my old 7 year old Linksys modem and reactivate it with xifinity and it’s perfectly fine.  I’ve wasted $1,200, countless hours and can’t get any additional help from Arris.  

For a family that just browses the internet and watches movies you won’t notice the issues.  Gaming, watching movies on an ipad or doing video calls, you will constantly get disconnects.  There has got to be a fix for this, but no one can figure it out. 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

In this case to understand the issue better could you please help us with the information that what are the troubleshooting you performed for this issue?

Is the issue happening only on particular devices or all the devices connected to modem wifi?