Solved

New G54, previously working well, now some site won't load, others VERY slow

• 24 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Newly bought G54 and service with Spectrum. Initially was working very well. Today, many websites can not load and others are dial up slow. Spectrum of course bounces this to Arris as there appears to be some service and feel its no longer their problem. They insisted for a hard reset as some channels are not working correctly and Arris would be better suited for fixing this. What is ACTUALLY the problem and what is a step by step process on how to remedy it, without getting bounced back and forth. 

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 1 March 2024, 18:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +40
  1. Arris can’t fix the channels. Thats the isp
  2. do you have a copy of the cable connections page (shows upstream/downstream info) and the event logs? That helps check the lines
Badge

I don’t know where to check that information. Test my speed pages won’t even load to assess upload and download speeds. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

You are only able to view specific websites, so I advise you to try changing the DNS server and let us know if the problem persists.

I recommend that you follow the instructions on the provided link below to modify the DNS server:

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/G54-DNS-Setup

Additionally, I advise you to check the WAN IP address on the GUI web portal. If it displays as 0.0.0.0, you will need to reprovision the modem by contacting the internet service provider.