Solved

Will the G54 support VPN? It looks like it currently doesn't!

Badge

To be honest I’m very disappointed so far with my G54, but mainly for one reason, no VPN. (Nothing wrong with speeds/channels/etc.) I want to protect my entire network, but several reviews I have found online say the G54 will not support a VPN (Example, NordVPN, ExpressVPN, etc.), nor do I find an example in the user guide. (which also happens to look like a recycled S33 guide), on how I might set one up.

I do see a mention of VPN under IPV4 Maximum Security (see attached image), but have found nothing on how to set one up, if it is even possible.

I’m seriously contemplating returning this product if I’m unable to setup a VPN, but I might have missed my return window, and this wasn’t a cheap product. How in 2024 would this not be supported?

Will there be a firmware update that enables this feature? I would even pay a onetime fee to have a special firmware. Otherwise I would only suggest others to buy this if they don’t care about establishing a VPN on your router/modem (Gateway) setup.

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 31 May 2024, 18:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

G54 doesn't have an option to enable or setup VPN on the modem. you can only setup VPN on your client devices and on the modem GUI as given on the above picture which is under the mentioned categories for VPN in firewall configuration when you setup on High security mode. 

Badge

@SURFboard Moderator Will there be an update in the future to firmware that will enable VPN on the modem, and if so, what day is that planned for?

If there is no planned update for this, can a feature request be submitted to enable a VPN?

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Arris modems does not have built-in VPN. I suggest enabling the VPN on the third-party device.

Firmware will update automatically at the background when it is available for your modem/router.