Solved

factory reset ax7800 now stuck with error 0000-1401

• 21 May 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I did a dumb and factory reset the mesh max plus router before removing it from surfboard central, now when trying to do the onboarding in the app the router fails every time it gets to the firmware download part. Giving me the above error code and telling me to reboot the router to download the file and if the problem persists, to call customer support.

I have tried everything from deleting the app and clearing the cache and data to seeing up a new email in the app. I have also performed another factory reset, compels disconnected everything including the modem from each other and the power and booted up one at a time, following the install instructions for a new router.

I am doing this at 1am pdt so can't contact support yet due to their hours. Will attempt when i wake up. This is very frustrating though as i had to perform the first reset because the internet slowed to a crawl and was fine from the modem and a power cycle did not fix the issue

icon

Best answer by Casanixia 24 May 2023, 23:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Update: contacted support, still have same issue and was told it would be escalated and if receive a call in the next 24-48 hrs. I use this internet for work and school for both me and my children, we can't afford to have this take so long... Any ideas?  currently direct into modem for individual devices one at a time

Would love to know if this/how this issue gets resolved for you. I opened a pair of these new out of the box today and am trying to setup in conjunction with a G36 modem/router but get stuck at the same spot with the same 0000-1401 firmware update error. Maddening, given this is to upgrade network for remote job, and especially for a brand new “easy to configure” product.

This is happening to me as well. Getting all the way through and then errors out at the download. Wish they would make that optional

Getting the same issue as of now. Any update yet? Tried setting up on iOS and Android, restarting etc

I called again today and they keep trying to have me reset. They then said I should return the equipment and try a different one…. I told them this needs to be escalated ASAP

I ordered a new W31 from amazon(got it in yesterday) and while I see it connect to the internet, it has been failing to update itself every single time(Error code 0000-1401). If you find a solution, please update this thread.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Ok i received an email yesterday from them saying they found something on the back end that was preventing these models from receiving their firmware update. It has been fixed. I went through onboarding again today and it came up in no time.

Would love to know if this/how this issue gets resolved for you. I opened a pair of these new out of the box today and am trying to setup in conjunction with a G36 modem/router but get stuck at the same spot with the same 0000-1401 firmware update error. Maddening, given this is to upgrade network for remote job, and especially for a brand new “easy to configure” product.

And it only took them like four days?...Wow..I couldn't wait that long. I traded mine in and bought an Eero, the app is soo much more responsive. Thanks for the update Casanixia.