Question

Can't add additional satellite

• 4 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I just received my SURFboard Max Dash AC3800, I've installed the first unit without any issues. However I am unable to install the second satellite, I don't even get the option to go through the setup process. I just keep receiving the same error code 0003-1009. I've been trying for over 24 hours, any help or assistance would be great, I've already disconnected my previous mesh system in favour of SURFboard. Without the additional satellite my WiFi devices are too far away from the main satellite to maintain a good connection. 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

Hello TEF

We really apologize for the inconvenience, we understand that you are unable to connect additional satellite and getting error code- 0003-1009, I hope you are aware of this error code solution that is  User are unable to sign-in or create new account during cloud maintenance. so you need to relaunch the app once the cloud maintenance is completed. please follow the steps mentioned on the bellow link to setup additional satellite if still issue persist you can try resetting the router and modem to setup the mesh system completely.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/mAX-WC4T-Add-Additional-mAX-Satellite

Badge

Hello TEF

We really apologize for the inconvenience, we understand that you are unable to connect additional satellite and getting error code- 0003-1009, I hope you are aware of this error code solution that is  User are unable to sign-in or create new account during cloud maintenance. so you need to relaunch the app once the cloud maintenance is completed. please follow the steps mentioned on the bellow link to setup additional satellite if still issue persist you can try resetting the router and modem to setup the mesh system completely.

http://arris.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/mAX-WC4T-Add-Additional-mAX-Satellite

So I’ve been having this same issue since Friday 3rd (Three days in total), I’ve been trying consistently and the app simply refuses to go past the same error code I posted above. 

As for resetting the router, are you suggesting a factory reset and starting from the beginning or simply cycling the power for the router and modem?

Badge

Just a further update, I did a factory reset. Then reinstalled the router, once complete I attempted to add the second satellite and received the same 0003-1009 error message continuously!