Solved

Connecting wireless printer to W21 router

• 10 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have a wireless printer (HP LaserJet Pro M201dw) that I previously had connected to my network. Then I got an S33 cable modem and a mAX W21 mesh router, and the SSID for my network changed. When I tried to update the printer, the only options are to use WPS or PIN to connect to the router, at which point I realized that there’s no support for WPS on the W21 (even though the Q&A on Amazon said there was).

In the FAQ in the Surfboard Central app, it says to just add the device like I did my modem/router, but when I click on ‘Add Device’ it says “You have added maximum two devices”.

How am I supposed to add my wireless printer to the network?

icon

Best answer by SURFboard Moderator 15 August 2023, 15:17

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +41

To connect the HP LaserJet Pro M201dw to the W21 there is no option to add WPS on the W21, so let's try the below steps on the printer : 

Connect the printer with the Wireless Setup Wizard (printers with a touchscreen)

1. Place the printer near the Wi-Fi router.
  2. Open the Setup, Network, or Wireless settings menu, and then select Wireless Setup Wizard.
  3. Select the name of your network, and then enter the password to complete the connection.

Also, on SURFboard Central App  “add devices” shows “added maximum two devices” It indicates the “Main Router “ and “Satellite”.